Towpath Marathon Accommodations
Participating hotel locations:
- Crowne Plaza Cleveland South Independence (5300 Rockside Rd., Independence, OH 44131)
- Doubletree by Hilton Cleveland Independence (6200 Quarry Ln., Independence, OH 44131)
Attractions Near the Towpath Marathon
So you’ve come to Northeast Ohio for the Towpath Marathon, what are some fun things to do while you’re in the area?
Check our Destination Cleveland’s “Things to Do in Cleveland”
Are you a history and nature buff?
You should definitely explore the Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area and the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
Are you a foodie?
- LockKeepers is a great place for high-end Italian cuisine, and not too far from the race course.
- Sokolowski’s University Inn is a favorite in Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood, and a great place to carbo-load on Polish and Eastern European cuisine.
Are you a beer connoisseur?
You’re in luck! Ohio City is a paradise for the discerning customer.
- Our friends at Great Lakes Brewing offer an incredible selection of award-winning beers.
- Also in Ohio City are Market Garden Brewery and Nano Brew, two great places contributing to our local craft beer scene.
Are you looking to absorb some culture?
Check out University Circle, home of:
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- The Cleveland Botanical Gardens
- The Cleveland Orchestra
- Western Reserve Historical Society
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
Other top museums in our region include:
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Inventors Hall of Fame
- Akron Art Museum
Camping in CVNP
Five primitive campsites are available in Cuyahoga Valley National Park to Towpath Trail and backcountry trail users from Memorial Day weekend through October 31.
Overnight RV parking is not allowed anywhere in CVNP.
Heritage Farms offers primitive camping sites